Mar 5, 2010

How do you get your news?

Buzz It
How do you get your news?  Where do you get it?  That was a pretty good topic I picked up in the news this week.  But where did I get that juicy tidbit?  Well, it first grabbed my eye on a news site that I read fairly regularly.  Then, I found another link while looking up what was new in the Social Media portion of MashableThe article I found reference a Pew Internet study that showed 75% of adults (2,259 people in the study) get their news online; either through social networking sites or forwarded to them on their phones/pda's.  The study also found that over 50% (52% actually) use the same media to pass the same news along.

So, where do you get your news from?  Do you get it from a single source?  Do you get it from multiple sources?  Do you watch TV, read newspapers, online news source, a news aggregator site, RSS feeds, or video clips of news?  Have you even wondered or thought about where you get  your news?  To be honest, I never gave it any thought until this week.  It's hard for me to get my news via my phone because we aren't allowed to bring portable electronic devices in to work.  So I find myself scouring the online news sites.  Some are news aggregators, but primarlily from established news gathering organizations. 

I do have a subscription to a newspaper.  I guess I am old school in that regard.  But I enjoy the newspaper for what it gives me and my wife.  It gives her the weekly and weekend sales ad's.  It gives us news that is local to this area and stories of people, businesses, and events that I generally do not seek out online.  As a matter of fact, most national news usually gets it start from a local newspaper or local TV station, so if you don't get the newspaper, maybe you should reconsider.


At any rate, thanks for checking in on my blog.  If you would like to read the article, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment